International Sites   Help   Login

United Kingdom Edition

Member Forums    Natural Remedies    Morton's Neuroma! Post reply
 23-06-2011 05:18:06 PM
Ann
Ann

Hi Liza,

If you are taking Serrapeptase at a dose of 80,000 i.u. then I would think that 3 x 3 is too high. When I took that dosage it used to be 40,000 i.u.

I would advise that you contact Robert Redfern on his website and ask him. Also, remember what I have advised above about resting it as much as possible, and wearing sensible shoes.

Ann:)

13-08-2011 01:51:57 PM
Judith
Judith

Hi Ann,
I was diagnosed with MN about 4 years ago.
After suffering the condition for about 1 year and refusing to get cortison shots, I decided to undergo surgery.
I have to say that it was amazing! The recovery was very fast, didn't have any complications or side effects and I was wearing my heels in less than 6 weeks.
I am a dancer (in high heels) and you can imagine I use my feet a lot! :)
I have been dancing pain free for almost 4 years. Yay!
Having said that, unfortunately my MN has returned, same feet almost same location.... how can this happen?
I'm still at the beginning stages and I've decided to look for a more natural cure.
I've read all the posts and I feel there's hope and I don't need to undergo surgery again.
My challenge would be to stay off my feet (dancing and wearing heels) while taking Serrapeptase.
Could you give me some advise regarding what you would recommend, please?
Thanks a lot!
Judy

18-08-2011 11:26:21 AM
Ann
Ann

Hi Judy:)

Inevitably you will be putting a lot of pressure on that area through regular dancing, and with high heels (oh dear!) The combination of the two is not great for MN. I still wear high heels, but only on social occasions, not for everyday walking.

I think you are going to have to think about this seriously, especially having undergone surgery - you would not want to have to repeat that.

As disappointing as it sounds, personally I would put the MN before the dancing, and I don't see there is much option. This means resting it and stopping that constant pressure. I would start the serrapeptase together with resting it as much as possible, until it has completely disappeared.

It may be worth asking your doctor whether it is common for it to return after surgery, and also ask Robert Redfern for further advice.

Good luck Judy and I hope it recovers soon.
Ann:)

16-02-2012 12:31:37 PM
Kim
Kim

I just found this site today. I am a very active person and was diagnosed with a MN about 2 years ago. Also, in January of 2010, I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I underwent treatment - chemo, surgery & radiation and am now cancer free. However, I am taking an aromatase inhibitor drug for the next 5 years to keep the cancer at bay. The problem is this. During chemo, I developed RA and this drug I'm now on makes those symptoms worse. I have RA in my toes and hands and wrists. I have been active since I was a child - track team, volleyball, tennis, hiking, backpacking and frequent my local gym at least 4 days/week - doing step aerobics, kickboxing, yoga, etc, and I also walk my dog daily after I take my son to the bus stop in the morning.

After my breast cancer diagnosis, while undergoing chemo, I felt pretty bad and couldn't work out much. So after I was finished, I was excited to get started again and feel 'normal'. I believe the MN happened because I got some new running shoes that felt comfortable at the time, but after working out a few times in them, I felt a pinching sensation on the top of my foot - between my 3rd and 4th toes. I have never worn heels regularly (maybe 25 years ago). I am an outdoorsy, active woman who would rather be in flats. But even certain flats aren't comfortable with this condition without proper support.

I am intrigued by this Sept. supplement because I have been living with this pain in my right foot for about 2 years and just recently started developing similar pains in my left foot. HELP! I want to feel better, but sitting around waiting to heal sounds awful. I just started to feel strong and healthy again after cancer.

I am afraid of the interaction of this supplement with Arimidex (cancer drug) and Glucosamine DS (I just started for my RA pain(, as well as Synthroid.

I feel like I have pain just about everywhere, but I don't want to stop moving, I'm afraid my RA will make me stiffen up even more.

Thanks for hearing me...........Kim

22-05-2012 05:54:06 PM
Chris
Chris

Last edited: 22-05-2012 06:31:47 PM

22-05-2012 06:11:30 PM
Chris
Chris
Jon wrote:
Flexor hallicus what??? You have taught me something here Jon - thank you
I wonder if it was mis-diagnosed they would still offer the same options of treatment for Flexor h?

Ann, the fhl tendon runs under the foot to all toes. There is a small groove at the base of each toe that the tendon fits into, when it misplaces, relatively easily, it usually goes back in easily also. Tight fitting shoes can cause it to displace. When it does displace, it causes pain and inflamation, and is often misdiagnosed as mortons. Manipulation of the toes can actually allieviate the problem. As I said, I have seen many diagnosed mortons, but were actually the displacement of the fhl tendon. Eliminated in 2 mins.

I was diagnosed by a podiatrist in Fremont, California more than a year ago with Morton's Neuroma. For more than a year, I lived through quite a bit of discomfort in my left foot and used metatarsal pads to reduce the symptoms. The worst part of
it, was it kept me off my regular exercise routines,

About a month ago, while throwing some hoops in the ClubSport Fremont, when I was doing a turn, I experienced a very sharp but brief (around 2 seconds) pain in between my 3rd and 4th toe. Then the regular discomfort sensation of the past 1+ year changed almost immediately, replaced by the feeling that something was torned or popped between my 3rd and 4th toe.

I came back home that night and searched on the Internet, "can a neuroma pop", and came across this site in the search results. I saw Jon's postings, and
I thought maybe Jon described the condition I had.

Gradually, the discomfort diminished. As I wrote this today, the discomfort is probably less than 10% of what it was a month ago, before I had that
tearing/popping sensation in the toes.

I do not know if it is exactly what Jon described, but I am glad the discomfort is greatly diminished.

Thanks, Jon, for enlightening us with your insights.

Chris

Last edited: 22-05-2012 06:39:02 PM

1-06-2012 06:45:48 AM
Ann
Ann

Dear Kim,

I am sorry such a while to reply, but only just seen your post. I really would recommend that you ask Robert Redfern's advice on drug interactions, and hope this is not too late getting to you. His website is www.serrapeptase.info and you can ask your question on-line.

Warmest regards
Ann

1-06-2012 06:47:05 AM
Ann
Ann

Hi Chris,

I am so glad to hear your story! In my particular case, the X-ray showed it was MN and that it was a small tumour measuring 7mm, but after the serrapeptase it had vanished. I will let Jon know how useful his information was to you...

Ann :)

11-12-2012 08:57:05 PM
detain
detain

However, on unsecured small business loans, lenders charge higher interest rate for discounted oakley sunglasses
. The Oakley Lifestyle Sunglasses. This product quality is unstable and vulnerable to an explosion caused by fire, affecting their personal safety/ contain a great deal of information about baby back pack carrier,12v inverter,thermal oil heater, welcome to visit!

11-12-2012 08:59:59 PM
detain
detain

However, on unsecured small business loans, lenders charge higher interest rate for discounted oakley sunglasses
. The Oakley Lifestyle Sunglasses. This product quality is unstable and vulnerable to an explosion caused by fire, affecting their personal safety/ contain a great deal of information about baby back pack carrier,12v inverter,thermal oil heater, welcome to visit!

7-01-2014 10:55:31 AM
Pia
Pia

Thank you so much for your valuable insight. I just got diagnosed with MN a week ago and have been worried about the surgery and cortisone shots since I\'ve read and heard very few positive things about it. I\'m a runner and also have a forefoot strike rolling in from the outside of the foot which I suspect caused this. I\'m going on an alkalinediet (65:35) and taking complete rest. This foot hasnt recieved so much attention ever. Going to wait at least a month and a half before I pursue the serrapeptase route, if my body is unable to fix this itself. I really needed to read your post (from 4 yrs ago) Thanks again!

Patrick wrote:
Hi. I had read this post a while back, but never commented. I did try serrapeptase and my Morton\'s neuroma went away. I cannot conclude that if I did not try serrapeptase it wouldn\'t have gone away, or that it sped up the recovery process.

From my experience, the people who develop chronic Morton\'s neuroma are the people who did not give their body a chance to heal. I\'ve chatted with many suffers, some cured and some in some serious pain. Those that got better tended to be younger and treated their feet like pampered little princesses during the recovery effort. My MN went away in 6 weeks from the time i let my body try to heal itself or 8 weeks since original onset. I tried serrapeptase 4 weeks into that recovery time and took 120,000-180,000 IU/day for 2 weeks. I stopped because I developed a cough and total body soreness...which i found out are known side effects. The cough is particular worrisome, because it can be a sign of serrapeptase induced pneumonia onset, also a known and documented condition.

I also noticed that those who failed to develop chronic MN were people who deduced to cause of the problem that started the neural inflammation to begin with. Mine was my running form. I tended to land on the outside of my forefoot and roll in. Also, my shoes may have been a little too tight, but I think the footstrike was the major cause. I switched to midfoot neutral strike and just ran a half marathon, which was 2 months from onset of MN.

My message to those who have recently found out they had MN: please don\'t be brash and think you can run through this. It may lead to something that your body can\'t heal, which will end in surgery. Your body can heal itself, but you have to let it. Try conservative treatment first...maybe buy an insert as well...and above all stay off your feet as much as possible (I found that when i did have to walk, if I clenched my feet it didn\'t hurt as bad). If that doesn\'t work after a couple months, then consider more advanced treatments

Displaying results 101 - 111 of 111 records found

Display page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Previous

Sponsored Links